Monday, October 8, 2012

Koreatown








Koreatown in Los Angeles, CA is a place I can honestly call my home. Growing up I had always encountered various cultures and always wondered why I was granted such a rich place for diversity while living in Koreatown. Being raised in a region mixed with different traditions all living close by was always facinating to me, especially smelling all the great aromas of various dinners being prepared during the evenings. Koreatown is a place kept close to my fondest memories and while it is known for plentiful restaurants and nightlife commotion, living in this fruitful enviornment was a great experience in my childhood. Living in this place made me learn how to respect those who where different than I was, whether it were by race or ethnic origin.Koreatown is a place where everyone seems to acknowledge their seperate cultures and often come together for festivities celebrating their customs. There are parades that occur within Koreatown such as the Korean parade, where streets are made into vast block parties showcasing traditional korean food and vendors which so many people look forward to attending every year. Parades are one of the factors which bring the community in Koreatown together and also influence all who partake in it as an life-experience. Being apart of Koreatown is not only just to share cultures but it generates a feeling where a diverse community can call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment