Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Mecca



                                                     Mecca
Mecca is the purest and the most blessed area in the earth. It’s in the center of the world and in the west side of Saudi Arabia. Mecca is located in the Hejaz region. The city lies inland 73 kilometers east of Jeddah, in the narrow, sandy Valley of Abraham. The Holy City is 277 meters (909 feet) above sea level. The focal point of Mecca is the Kaaba, the "House of God" believed by. Muslims people all over the world visit Mecca for its comfortable atmosphere and amazing architecture and the most important reason is to do their Islam duties (pilgrimage and aumrah). Mecca is home to the holiest site in Islam: Masjid al-Haram. With a population of 1.7 million, Mecca is host to millions of Muslim pilgrim since the 7th century. Its importance to Islam can be directly linked to the prophet Muhammad. Mecca is the home of the most Muslims in the world. All of them have their own home, but still Mecca is different to most of us. Because of the religious importance of Mecca, this city is more than the location it’s the spherical home for many Muslims. More over, the special home is the daily were nationality ethnicity and language no matter, all Muslims feel they belong there.
The Holy Mosque's architecture shows the Islamic decoration, which had been done by famous men in the Islamic history. It’s a wide three-floor mosque, floors are covered with special white marble that absorb the heat allowing people to walk barefoot. Inside the mosque there is (The Holy Kaaba) which is a cube-shaped Anthropomorphic standing in the middle and Muslims are circling it, praying, and seeking blessings. The most sacred place in Islam is the Kaaba in Mecca, Saudi Arabia. The Kaaba
                                                                                                                                                Althuukair 2
is a mosque (built by Abraham according to Muslim tradition) built around a black stone. Its importance to Islam can be directly linked to the prophet Muhammad.
Most of the people in this world have been traveled to another country. We all get exited before we traveled to another country. Also, no one decide to travel to another country to visit or to do a business before checking the availably, and have a plan to where will he will go and what he will do over there and think about the cost and how much he will going to spend overt here. Most of us go to a new place to know what its is. When we were there maybe we will like it and maybe not, which it mean maybe we will come back to it and maybe not. In the other hand, I feel Mecca is different. From my point when I need to travel to Mecca I never had a plan before I visit it. Also, I never had a plan what I will do and where o will be sleep. For example, when I decide to travel to London I have to make a plan where I will go over there, how long I will stay, who I am going with and how much I am going to spend. However, when I decide to go to Mecca I have never think about any of these because no one ever think what he will do in his home. I remember one time I was with three of my friend have some conversation and we start to talk about Mecca and how all of us missing that place. At the same time we decide to go to Mecca tomorrow. Once we just have deciding I call and do a reservation, all of us were agree to go to Mecca tomorrow. I just call my mother and told her that I will go to Mecca tomorrow, my mother and my father never told me you cant go to Mecca because all of them know what is Mecca mean to me. We went there and stay for three days at the same place. We stay at the same place from the morning until the night no one of us get boring. We don’t know each other and we don’t speak the same language, but once we are in Mecca we all like a brothers.

                        Althuukair 3    
Millions of pilgrims arrive this week in Mecca” Habboush. Millions of people at this time are going go be on Mecca because of Hajj. This time of the season is very important time for every Muslims, they came from all around the world to the same place. Since they are at Mecca there is no different between any of them, no different between the prince and the poor people, no different between the collars. All of us the same, were the same clothes, do the same thing, sleep and walk next to each other no different all of us the same came to do the same thing.  "I feel proud to be here because it's a visual message that Muslims are united. People speaking in all kind of languages pray to the one God,"Habboush. I believe I can see how we treat each other if we were in Mecca. I can see how the people over there are happy from there ayes. A lot o people don’t have a good income in their life but still they save some of their money to come to Mecca. I have an experience with the same this situation. One day I met one of my old friend I didn’t saw him from a long time I was maybe four or five years. When I met him he was always talk about Mecca and how he need to visit Mecca, I ask him did he visit Mecca or not? His answer comes fast and he said no but it my dream to go there. The first things that I was think when he told me. I needed to make a surprise and get a ticket for him. That day when I gave it to him he said only one thing, which is thank you Turki, you made my dream come true.
“The black granite Kaaba, the cubical structure that stands as the holiest center of Islam, features at its eastern vertex a small black stone about the size of a grapefruit, the al-hajar al-aswad, which may or may not have fallen to earth in the time of Adam and Eve” Burnett. Kaaba means a lot to me. Kaaba is one of the most beautiful things I ever saw in my life. Once I saw the Kaaba my eyes start to tear. Once I saw the Kaaba I feel safe and confortable in different ways that I never feel it before. I face the Kaaba five times a day at least, wherever I was I have to face it five times a day at least. I remember
once when I was in Mecca me and my friend was in the Masjid al-Haram, it was at seven p.m. we decide to meet each other at the dinner and they left but me I was sitting by my self without talking to
                       Althuukair 4
anyone. Also, I was close all my phones because I know when we will meet each other. At this time I just need to be with my self and be quit. One I saw my watch it was twelve mid nights. I went to the hotel very fast but my entire friend were asked my where I was because we was having dinner together and they try to call me but my phones was turned of. I just told them sorry I didn’t feel about the time at all I was just sitting and see the Kaaba and drink from Zam Zam water. “Zam Zam water has scientifically been proven to contain healing qualities due to its higher content of Calcium and Magnesium Salts and also the natural fluorides that encompass a germicidal action.” Khanam. Zam Zam water there from a long time. I never heard that Zam Zam run out from the water. The taste of the water different than the regular water but is very delicious.
Mecca means to me the most important and amazing place that I ever know and visit in my life. Mecca the only place that I can consider it is my home, actually I considered it my home. No one can know how is the feeling on me for that place. Before I came to study in America I went to Mecca every month I went to Mecca. Mecca is the first place that I think to visit when I feel sad and I need to talk to someone I just go to Mecca. I believe when I talk about what I feel over there is that there is someone leasing to me and answering me its like talking to my self for a few hours. Mecca means to me everything that I can’t live without it.
I conclusion, Mecca is one of the important things in my life. I can’t imagine my life without Mecca. Most of the Muslims believe that Mecca is the place that the Muslims are belonging to. Muslims from different country comes to this place to do the pilgrimage and aumrah. At this place there is no different between any of us. For example, when we all were in the Masjid al-Haram and stand to pray, all of us stand next to each other, there is no place for the princes and place for the poor people all of us the be the same at Mecca.
                                                                                                                                    Althuukair 5
Work Cited
Burnett, D. Graham. "Everyman's qibla." The Wilson Quarterly 33.1 (2009): 82. Gale Opposing Viewpoints In Context. Web. 29 Oct. 2012.
Habboush, Mahmoud. "Hajj: Pilgrims Arrive In Mecca Amid Regional Turmoil." The        Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com, 22 Oct. 2012. Web. 23 Oct. 2012.
            <http://www.huffingtonpost.com>
Khanam, Amera. "Facts, History and Significance of Zam Zam Water." Facts, History and Significance of Zam Zam Water. N.p., 15 Aug. 2011. Web. 30 Oct. 2012. <http://spirituality.knoji.com >

No comments:

Post a Comment